威望
388 点
金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-6-29 21:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
安忍 | Heroic Perseverance

: g+ c% v% J0 p  |1 {0 ]3 x多部经论都认为安忍是六度中最难修持圆满的。《入菩萨行论》云:“罪恶莫过嗔,难行莫3 Q* P. J9 x. o: ]
胜忍,故应以众理,努力修安忍。”在世间也有“忍字头上一把刀”的说法。4 K' ?6 o. B7 \# }
Scores of sutras and shastras state that patience, or heroic perseverance, is the most difficult to * h0 ?8 d: }' V2 U. t8 P2 h
accomplish among the Six Perfections. Thus A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life says:
, A3 c* f: N# R+ Z( Y0 {There is no evil similar to anger and no austerity equal to forbearance.
& f2 x7 I5 G, \( ~Thus I should strive in all ways to develop forbearance, with great effort.+ X5 b, x7 j- U" c7 |
尤其面对无缘无故的侮辱,无中生有的诽谤,很多的修行人都难以做到如如不动,视若虹/ X- ?; e5 ^- l
霓。; c1 Q/ g) t8 m- ~% c" q
It’s also common to say: “The Chinese ideogram ‘patience’ is epitomized by having a knife
0 Q0 i8 _; @" V2 G1 bdangling over your head.” When being insulted unjustifiably or slandered for no reason, hardly : J2 q. @) G+ N0 s5 _8 @
anyone, many spiritual practitioners included, can remain undisturbed while seeing the attacks   [( M, J2 y* B0 y% c- K" e$ G5 s
as insubstantial rainbows.
$ M, }6 d+ f& B+ _5 y2 c本师释迦牟尼佛曾转世为一外道仙人,名忍力,他发愿永远不对任何众生生嗔恨心。当时3 w0 \; C9 u- o% E0 O
有一恶意魔王为摧毁忍力的安忍之法,就幻化出专门毁坏别人安忍功德之一千人,用咒语
8 ^' U& D2 x8 C* g5 D( [诅咒忍力,用妄语肆意对忍力横加诽谤,还在大庭广众之中用常人难以启齿之言词羞辱他
: X3 b3 F  j' A$ h! }8 a$ c: N3 k* j。这些人还于忍力行、住、坐、卧之时加害于他,如此等非理之行竟持续长达八万四千年' z, _+ b, H* u9 a) y
之久。7 K/ e! ]% ^" r1 e  C6 n
Buddha Shakyamuni was once reborn as a rishi named Patience Power who had vowed never to
! M8 H( f! n& b2 E  dget angry at any beings. Mara, intending to destroy the quality Patience Power had attained,
, B* j. ~/ K: U" D$ |9 dmanifested one thousand beings who knew exactly how to demolish the perseverance quality of
8 k0 F9 X1 [8 g9 B) W2 Y" E1 t* fothers. They cursed him with malicious mantras, defamed him recklessly with false accusations,
1 g# K* [' d$ R( ~" qand humiliated him in public with unspeakable sordid words. They inflicted harm on him in all his 7 z/ ?1 \: g; p( Y
activities of walking, sitting, standing, and sleeping; these kinds of horrendous attacks continued
0 y/ Z5 _9 o6 E4 \. |+ \- ^for 84,000 years.
" q" [& k6 v) u8 _5 h当仙人前往城市之时,这些恶性众生竟用不净粪浇洒在仙人头上、所捧钵孟中以及衣服上
$ t( D, `2 \/ k,还用扫帚猛击其头部,但他根本没有生起丝毫的嗔恨心与报复之意。不管别人如何待他
8 i) h. U, [5 ~: ?( Z,他从未想过以牙还牙,从未怒目相向,从未恶口相加,甚至诸如“我到底做错何事”之类
' A) `8 @% e; S/ ]& l) G9 M# F言词都未曾说过。并且心中暗自发愿:为难以调伏之众生利益,我誓修无上菩提,一定要
9 x' s1 @; Z. d8 @首先度化此等众生。9 V# M: o: ]( u8 V
When rishi Patience Power went to town, these unruly assailants sprayed putrid feces over his
6 X- P( p$ F" K( \head, into his begging bowl, and onto his clothes, and even hit his head forcefully with brooms. 9 f0 G) ?' o0 d. \- P9 Y
But Patience Power never had a trace of anger arise in him, nor did he have the slightest
2 @- f- I- w- ~9 K7 X& `. Sintention of revenge. No matter what assault was afflicted upon him, he never thought of + Y8 N0 q0 x. w( |6 R
avenging an eye for an eye, nor did he cast furious glares or use harsh words. Questions such as:
: u$ [3 U& U& u“What have I done wrong?” were not heard from him either. Instead, he made his wishes / D4 [) c  V4 ^7 v, Q
silently: “For benefiting these recalcitrant beings, I vow to practice the Dharma to attain supreme
4 i& p% \  K/ i( P- L7 Henlightenment. Thereafter, my top priority will be to lead these beings to Buddhahood.”
' J: q, p; A: T7 u' n日本的白隐禅师也以修安忍而着称于世。曾经有位姑娘与一男子有染而生下一子,姑娘怕
, x" l) b! w$ w1 H5 s: }虔信佛法的父母谴责,就告知父母乃白隐禅师所为。因其父母对白隐禅师一直尊敬有加,
5 L  w& o) D& X) b  d& W; _以为此法可免父母责难。这可害苦了白隐禅师,不明真相的父母听信女儿谗言,抱着刚生
7 Q; M4 o( w" P. q- c  A! G下的婴儿,扔给白隐禅师并说道:“你这个败坏佛门清规戒律的假和尚,以前我们没有看清$ D0 c$ ^" O% f/ z/ Y% R  j+ ]
你的丑恶面目,蒙受你的欺骗。没想到你竟然做出如此禽兽不如的勾当,这是你的儿子,6 [- ~4 w" q* u
你拿去吧!” 白隐禅师淡淡地说了声:“是这样吗?”就默默地接过孩子。姑娘的父母更以为
* }) U. p+ @7 g$ `2 R9 c没有冤枉白隐禅师,便将此事到处传播。人们一刹那间都知道了白隐禅师的“丑恶行径”,
5 F# d$ z; ]0 M纷纷白眼相视。- u! f2 i) B- _) R% t- ^6 s8 D7 R
Zen Master Bai Yin of Japan is noted for his accomplishment in patience. There was once a young
+ G+ p+ [+ y) M3 [maiden who gave birth to a baby sired by her boyfriend. To avoid being punished by her parents
8 T& U+ [: j* {" h$ Hwho were devout Buddhists, she lied to them that the baby’s father was the Zen master. As her : o4 l8 e% K1 z& k
parents had high respect for the master, the maiden thought she could be vindicated. Little did " g4 D+ o! I3 ?0 y7 D6 a4 C- @6 [. U
she know that her account brought tremendous hardship for Master Bai Yin. Her parents,
/ s# G! k4 v% I+ z8 zignorant of the facts and believing their daughter, brought the newborn infant to the master and
: a9 R3 i4 \1 Asaid, “You fake monk, you have transgressed the precepts of the Buddha; we had been blind to - g' D2 V6 q0 j- X. Q7 U* j
your ugliness and were deceived by you. You are worse than a beast to commit such a dirty deal.
$ R2 i2 K' m4 W6 {7 D+ {Here is your son, take him!” The master responded gently: “Ah, is that so!” and received the ( {3 P7 g; R7 ?' |5 K7 p) n) U. U$ |
baby without saying another word. The parents took his silence as a justification to their
- _: X  f- M. o) D9 n  O- Baccusation, and scattered the news all around. Everyone came to know of Master Bai Yin’s 5 ^- H* I8 x" X2 R. L
“repulsive behavior,” and they all looked down on him.
& g0 r( I8 Y. g! ~" k% `, f# N白隐禅师抱着虚弱的婴儿,到刚生过孩子的人家乞求奶水,那些人家都说:“哼!要不是看
% O. l. t# z. B在可怜孩子的份上,才不会给你呢!”
% A1 F, A8 p* RHolding the feeble infant, Master Bai Yin trudged to households where newborns lived with their
" j" t+ x6 F* t4 [+ c3 x: n& dfamilies and begged for milk. They said scornfully: “Humph, were it not for the sake of the poor
; C4 |* F1 `% }7 Lbaby, we would not give anything to you!”9 d( F0 Z% y$ U$ }2 ^" Z
时间一天天过去了,姑娘的良心备受痛苦的煎熬,她不能再看到人们对白隐禅师的不公正7 g' k! w* \8 Y
待遇,终于向父母坦白了一切。当姑娘父母万分羞愧地来到白隐禅师面前忏悔时,他仍然7 S; F0 p7 J* x6 K) U7 Q
是那句话:“是这样吗?”
7 H: N. Y' w; c* C* YAs time passed, the young maiden’s conscience was tortured severely; she no longer could bear # ~+ Z8 q" t& D* D  @
to see the unjust public treatment of Master Bai Yin and confessed to her parents. Master Bai 8 m" K& _8 `4 m& o2 R& r( R1 x% X
Yin, when receiving the extremely repentant parents begging for forgiveness, responded gently
2 [/ u4 w& }$ p4 x' Z6 Bin the same way: “Ah, is that so!”
2 x' N6 w1 E, G3 l% E8 c这是多么普通的一句话啊!但要能以平常心说出这句话,绝不是“未经一番寒彻骨”之凡夫
/ {( y0 m6 c# `所能为之的。这些先辈们高义薄云之安忍品德,什么时候能真正融入我的相续?
1 H4 R; |2 a7 |+ x6 C" cWhat a plain sentence is this one! However, to say it calmly is not possible for any ordinary ) s7 h2 n2 I9 j- H+ ?' U% E# G
person who has not been tempered through thick and thin. The extraordinary quality of
8 ]1 o- y; _4 l: @% ]) K1 kforbearance as demonstrated by the sages of the past is truly remarkable. When will it truly
+ j+ C0 [, H/ D! G/ B: d3 Z" ~permeate my mind?& b& [4 Z) d% n6 S
壬午年二月十一日  
' t6 K% m' _5 T- v2002年3月25日
2 D7 r% s# w2 L9 t" Q( R11th of February, Year of RenWu4 v  O- P1 p$ @+ G) B8 s: E
March 25, 2002% i  l; ?8 h  L& d4 g* v+ F
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-6-2 14:13