注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-9-14 07:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

/ i9 g  u) j3 i+ P& @
失败 | On Failure
世间的人,不管是市井白丁还是朝廷命官,人人都希望为一己之利而拼搏。凡事务求一帆# O- y: G+ j2 t# A5 x# j
风顺,经不起半点挫折。其实,失败也未必一无是处。有一句古训说得好:“祸兮福所倚/ R$ N5 q4 _5 n$ \# k& h
,福兮祸所伏”。
& O1 a/ _8 o  w' W. ^6 H. L; P+ NPeople in the world, be they illiterate hillbillies or government luminaries, all eagerly strive to
  h$ f" N* p, U. y" B3 afulfill their own interests. When doing anything, they want nothing but smooth sailing and+ F. J7 z) j( \
cannot bear the tiniest setbacks. But in fact, failure is not necessarily without merit. There is this' \9 |- v+ O6 J) l& F" E" i" z
adage:4 L) o4 q' J) \
Misfortune, that is where happiness depends;
0 r: |( {7 O2 @Happiness, that is where misfortune underlies.; Y; T1 ]* [. I, [
汉地近代高僧弘一法师,是集诗、词、书画、篆刻、音乐、戏剧、文学于一身的才子,先
9 ~" k) N" \. V, D* x/ I' R: ~后培养出了名画家丰子恺、音乐家刘质平等一些文化名人。真可谓风流倜傥,才华盖世。+ p. B9 J3 D5 P! q, ^
出家后苦心向佛,过午不食,精研律学,被佛门弟子奉为律宗第十一代世祖。他为世人留
' D' A7 a# t* Z8 O下了咀嚼不尽的精神财富,是中国绚丽至极而归于平淡的典型人物。
" O, r3 H  Y* U; ~8 L/ L+ ?The contemporary eminent Chinese Buddhist monk Hong Yi was extremely gifted in poetry, ci
$ C6 j; P8 }% o1 a9 }(verse), painting, calligraphy, seal cutting, music, drama, and literature. He has also mentored a
. H6 _. @/ T& ~  O* bnumber of celebrated artists such as Feng Zikai and the musician Liu Zhiping. Master Hong Yi had
' R" A" A  Z: `7 Z: ga carefree and elegant bearing and his achievement in arts and letters was unsurpassed in his
* ^" ^  z1 c" Ttime. After he chose to be ordained as a monk, he studied unremittingly Buddha’s teachings and$ Z/ {2 G: }! F  g6 M. M
abided the sparing fare of no food after midday. He dedicated himself particularly to Vinaya
9 o8 R. M& c" i4 ^# R/ ypitaka and is revered as the 11th lineage holder of the Vinaya School. He has left a rich spiritual
+ a; P& q) U/ l! l$ m% klegacy for future generations; in China, he stood out as a model figure whose life underwent a
( Z8 u1 s+ l$ W. I4 rtransformation from utter glory to utmost humbleness.
) |. j7 r+ M6 l0 _4 P他在《闽南十年之梦影》中说道:“我的心情是很特别的,我只希望我的事情失败。因为* U9 B/ `9 l0 S5 g, {% J9 s) I
事情失败和不完满,这才使我发大惭愧,能够晓得自己的德行欠缺,自己的修养不足。那. o% s4 h: V! n/ _* Z
我才可努力用功,努力改过迁善。无论什么事情,总希望它失败。失败才会发大惭愧。倘1 F4 ?' Q9 N& _: Q% w
若因成功而得意,那就不得了啦。”我特别喜欢背诵这段文字,这种有悖常人的思维,正
( `  s4 O8 ^, ?: M说明了法师的谦逊与大智大悟。8 a( c# a3 u& Z
He wrote in Dreams of 10 Years in Minnan: “I have a rather peculiar mindset these days: I only
8 l$ F0 {( h# S, s4 Nwish for failure in the things I do. It is because failure and imperfection can make me feel humble
& {7 Y, b& A* y7 s" B4 Fand abashed. Only then will I see my own inadequacies and lack of qualities, and strive to correct
! \* s1 d  J, Amyself for the better. Whatever I do, I invariably hope I will fail; failure teaches me humility.
7 l5 H( a; o: {3 L$ @8 Q" }% |Should I become successful, I might be puffed up with arrogance, which would be disastrous!”
, [, T" R- A* \This passage is my favorite to memorize, as the master’s unconventional way of thinking reveals
4 k; O) D1 e9 j* n/ Uhis extraordinary realization and modesty.6 f  Y2 t) M% K% F9 u8 j
无垢光尊者在《窍诀宝藏论》中的最深要诀之一即是:“灭除我执恒自取失败。”朗日塘
. j" H+ [  j6 [) m) M0 ?) B. W巴尊者也有“亏损失败我取受,胜利利益奉献他”的遗训,与弘一法师的话相比,实有异+ L. s0 }0 ^- p" Z- x1 n  ?
曲同工之妙。不怕失败,敢于失败,真为大丈夫之胆识。7 `2 @; X, w/ w6 }- W
One of the most profound teachings of the Omniscient Longchenpa in The Precious Treasury of
4 b8 ^- I, s% sPith Instructions is: “One must cut off self-clinging and choose failure always.” Langri Tangpa also
: i$ _) X  G) e" \+ o3 Hleft the teaching:
+ H! E4 ?- }' v; |) M% T# }# I4 DMay I take upon myself the defeat: ?; z2 L1 X5 t/ ^# {
And offer to others the victory.
( r4 d3 X9 v3 ~* |6 w( MThese teachings are fortunate coincidences with what Master Hong Yi has to say. The prowess of7 Z  [! l$ a3 d' A
a truly brave man, after all, lies in his capacity to be unafraid of failure and willingly embrace
1 O7 |. v/ T# D/ B7 }failure.
$ b/ t3 B/ s9 z! w1 `关于如何面对失败,世间也积累了不少以辨证的眼光看问题的格言,如 “塞翁失马,焉知
$ l4 e. A# B; |: l+ Y9 Y非福。”“生于忧患,死于安乐。”而且,有不少的世间人,也懂得迂回的路必有其收获
  o# O# M/ o6 L。作家罗兰曾说过:“在人生途中,你每走一步,就必定会得一步的经验。不管这一步是$ f# p% E- _3 f9 B9 v+ O
对还是错,‘对’有对的收获,‘错’有错的教训。绕远路,走错路的结果,你就恰如迷! N4 K& h- M! Q# F5 N
路走入深山,别人为你的危险焦急惋惜之际,你却采集了一些珍奇的花果,获得了一些罕
- W- t: N8 C5 O$ J0 u, ~2 o见的鸟兽。而且你多认了一段路,多锻炼出一分坚强与胆量。”) h& i" u9 O( @1 h& Z3 `: m
There are many proverbs in the world on how to face failure squarely. Many are the fruition of
5 j- J  j9 f% k) j; K& |3 A  j. qvalid analyses, such as: “When the old man lost his mare, who could have guessed it was a9 ^) b8 w! o+ U4 C3 A1 S7 i
blessing in disguise? A loss may well turn out to be a gain,” and, “In adversity, we thrive; in& U( \- E8 u5 m; m. [- n% k# j
comfort, we perish.” Many people also appreciate that a convoluted path is bound to provide/ U+ w2 J8 |: z' o  t9 ]* x
some kind of reward. Writer Ruo Lan once said: “In life, every step we take brings the experience% _8 W" e7 x1 r- W8 E) p; K
of that one step. This has nothing to do with whether the step is right or wrong. The ‘right’ one, H5 g2 b, @$ r" n
yields the right reward. The ‘wrong’ one presents lessons from being wrong. Taking the longer
1 n7 d( J+ V) @; o; C) z6 Wroute or walking on the wrong path is just like being lost in the deep mountains. While people0 Y1 B  C+ D) Q; x5 P
are worrying and bemoaning your safety, you hit the opportunity to collect rare flowers and0 i- _) s2 h& z. k& C
berries, and you spot exceptional birds and animals. In addition, having to cover the extra% F5 Q  {% ?; |! W
distance, you have cultivated extra courage and tenacity.”
, B4 g7 C# e: j% `若能勇敢地面对失败,则将尝到其中的甘甜滋味。5 Y5 z, `/ i* K
If we face failure bravely, we shall come to enjoy its sweet taste.
4 W2 p3 y. E; j5 O3 q" d: i0 V壬午年二月二十日  ; p8 Q' ?6 v* s/ y
2002年4月2日
7 D9 [4 z" ^% g, {5 [% ?4 D20th of February, Year of RenWu" T7 e2 f. w! b1 u: A
April 2, 2002
/ o9 X( i2 Y: G# r$ x' ], G
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-6-2 13:42