金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-9-14 07:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

& u0 y5 D& G  u# }$ N
失败 | On Failure
世间的人,不管是市井白丁还是朝廷命官,人人都希望为一己之利而拼搏。凡事务求一帆
  l) s$ @2 m* q  g5 T8 V; f风顺,经不起半点挫折。其实,失败也未必一无是处。有一句古训说得好:“祸兮福所倚" A" O$ f6 F/ N7 N, l7 u$ B
,福兮祸所伏”。* M: \8 _% Q* m! M  L
People in the world, be they illiterate hillbillies or government luminaries, all eagerly strive to1 D" }3 r& B2 e2 Y% h
fulfill their own interests. When doing anything, they want nothing but smooth sailing and
1 [! _8 R: M5 e4 o" o* t) acannot bear the tiniest setbacks. But in fact, failure is not necessarily without merit. There is this
! c' [$ h1 G9 k2 u5 F! C8 k2 dadage:* Y0 S$ [6 q' B+ G6 \2 P
Misfortune, that is where happiness depends;
4 n8 B# _2 x" p! l0 C# C7 }Happiness, that is where misfortune underlies.
" J5 c2 f! d7 h汉地近代高僧弘一法师,是集诗、词、书画、篆刻、音乐、戏剧、文学于一身的才子,先: x4 X4 D& W3 R% f1 i
后培养出了名画家丰子恺、音乐家刘质平等一些文化名人。真可谓风流倜傥,才华盖世。/ c; j1 D9 N/ y) W: D2 ?1 R
出家后苦心向佛,过午不食,精研律学,被佛门弟子奉为律宗第十一代世祖。他为世人留
2 t' p( ]" I! m7 k) t" b& c下了咀嚼不尽的精神财富,是中国绚丽至极而归于平淡的典型人物。
! H0 S- S/ H3 C- L" a0 @& M  JThe contemporary eminent Chinese Buddhist monk Hong Yi was extremely gifted in poetry, ci
3 T4 g  M! |6 c" z2 o/ g+ O5 h+ h2 q(verse), painting, calligraphy, seal cutting, music, drama, and literature. He has also mentored a$ J9 C& k$ N1 {" W0 k. ?
number of celebrated artists such as Feng Zikai and the musician Liu Zhiping. Master Hong Yi had! Z( P6 N; G  i! c# z, l
a carefree and elegant bearing and his achievement in arts and letters was unsurpassed in his7 {0 i7 y: S6 n/ F7 ]
time. After he chose to be ordained as a monk, he studied unremittingly Buddha’s teachings and; L$ h) U7 h) P2 [! S1 m
abided the sparing fare of no food after midday. He dedicated himself particularly to Vinaya
9 Z6 H) i% X6 x: c: Z: upitaka and is revered as the 11th lineage holder of the Vinaya School. He has left a rich spiritual) e6 J+ y- d  p6 W
legacy for future generations; in China, he stood out as a model figure whose life underwent a" Z* P( V# ^8 Z
transformation from utter glory to utmost humbleness.8 Y$ p* c0 T! R/ ~$ z
他在《闽南十年之梦影》中说道:“我的心情是很特别的,我只希望我的事情失败。因为
8 b  A0 `: {  `% t4 F+ @事情失败和不完满,这才使我发大惭愧,能够晓得自己的德行欠缺,自己的修养不足。那9 N9 n0 A, |# G/ ^( B
我才可努力用功,努力改过迁善。无论什么事情,总希望它失败。失败才会发大惭愧。倘
- Z9 T( r( L; M( b) Z2 c若因成功而得意,那就不得了啦。”我特别喜欢背诵这段文字,这种有悖常人的思维,正. h( i1 K+ k! d: u2 F
说明了法师的谦逊与大智大悟。
0 \0 f2 k  O- p( k& L: X- H; LHe wrote in Dreams of 10 Years in Minnan: “I have a rather peculiar mindset these days: I only# J3 \- C1 ], i$ L
wish for failure in the things I do. It is because failure and imperfection can make me feel humble
3 _2 c6 j2 U/ _- N5 G/ l* P# [& Kand abashed. Only then will I see my own inadequacies and lack of qualities, and strive to correct  f* O+ e) c4 a2 g' L/ u4 L- ~
myself for the better. Whatever I do, I invariably hope I will fail; failure teaches me humility.
/ H3 f8 K9 ^4 l" |Should I become successful, I might be puffed up with arrogance, which would be disastrous!”
. l3 h4 P( o3 Y% u" E' ?This passage is my favorite to memorize, as the master’s unconventional way of thinking reveals
  B" f1 a- N& I4 c3 H  i) Ohis extraordinary realization and modesty.' Q. K# K" x6 R+ p7 g
无垢光尊者在《窍诀宝藏论》中的最深要诀之一即是:“灭除我执恒自取失败。”朗日塘: H' b* v% t6 V  G2 G! e- C
巴尊者也有“亏损失败我取受,胜利利益奉献他”的遗训,与弘一法师的话相比,实有异
: f) J( h( C- _* P曲同工之妙。不怕失败,敢于失败,真为大丈夫之胆识。
" G' ~4 }9 O- C" [( VOne of the most profound teachings of the Omniscient Longchenpa in The Precious Treasury of
2 K+ T& d) {1 w$ Y: k5 BPith Instructions is: “One must cut off self-clinging and choose failure always.” Langri Tangpa also% C) b: p* o9 V
left the teaching:$ }# J6 o1 _3 d8 D- r( U
May I take upon myself the defeat2 `( @8 r% r- b4 W+ @1 N" N8 i
And offer to others the victory.( o/ O. J, f7 b/ t! [
These teachings are fortunate coincidences with what Master Hong Yi has to say. The prowess of
7 J" w' G- i  i" Z6 fa truly brave man, after all, lies in his capacity to be unafraid of failure and willingly embrace2 Z. b' ~8 H% B" \& m8 l1 t
failure.6 E  h) V! ]- c! M" X
关于如何面对失败,世间也积累了不少以辨证的眼光看问题的格言,如 “塞翁失马,焉知1 d& f" |9 V! W7 q  P: L+ B
非福。”“生于忧患,死于安乐。”而且,有不少的世间人,也懂得迂回的路必有其收获
8 D/ g; y0 ^5 q  c$ Y。作家罗兰曾说过:“在人生途中,你每走一步,就必定会得一步的经验。不管这一步是/ V" _( ^5 E! r
对还是错,‘对’有对的收获,‘错’有错的教训。绕远路,走错路的结果,你就恰如迷
5 Y; Z5 t0 O* z- t# @路走入深山,别人为你的危险焦急惋惜之际,你却采集了一些珍奇的花果,获得了一些罕
( U# ]3 x% C! I/ @( S) i5 X% Z见的鸟兽。而且你多认了一段路,多锻炼出一分坚强与胆量。”
& O, L8 t. W# B6 vThere are many proverbs in the world on how to face failure squarely. Many are the fruition of
7 q7 E; ~6 Z3 D# T7 g9 [! Tvalid analyses, such as: “When the old man lost his mare, who could have guessed it was a! f4 A# }3 h# i) J
blessing in disguise? A loss may well turn out to be a gain,” and, “In adversity, we thrive; in* p' v% A. k, J, U9 ~& X, x: y( F
comfort, we perish.” Many people also appreciate that a convoluted path is bound to provide
0 |) O1 Q* `+ ~( U  \some kind of reward. Writer Ruo Lan once said: “In life, every step we take brings the experience
( I- s/ f# \# @3 g* \9 R% Y9 Xof that one step. This has nothing to do with whether the step is right or wrong. The ‘right’ one; N& g; N2 k2 l& b/ \: @; a+ q7 e- x
yields the right reward. The ‘wrong’ one presents lessons from being wrong. Taking the longer
& P7 f& S" i+ F) k# K' b. G2 K+ h  zroute or walking on the wrong path is just like being lost in the deep mountains. While people0 ?7 D6 U4 F1 S' ~* q. ?
are worrying and bemoaning your safety, you hit the opportunity to collect rare flowers and, E. X7 W3 X+ O6 W
berries, and you spot exceptional birds and animals. In addition, having to cover the extra
, Z# y+ p! Q+ n1 G- v+ Adistance, you have cultivated extra courage and tenacity.”
2 N" P+ c2 w, E" f6 \若能勇敢地面对失败,则将尝到其中的甘甜滋味。/ q  i7 U& q% d. r0 G
If we face failure bravely, we shall come to enjoy its sweet taste.
6 s# G7 Q. B, W8 @3 E壬午年二月二十日  ; S. z$ |; \/ R
2002年4月2日% q+ u- H) f+ V" U# L9 I
20th of February, Year of RenWu" i' ~7 p) U4 h
April 2, 2002
8 S6 @" Y* `0 }, \
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-19 12:35