金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-10-19 19:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

# E" Y% z$ N1 T: S+ m5 a
追逐 | Crazy Pursuits
站在都市五光十色的街头,我看见世间八法的彩虹。
/ \% i1 ?7 x6 Z5 }' b9 hStanding at the corner of a dazzling city street, what appears in front of me is the rainbow of the
% l) a, a$ W0 N4 A, f  {eight worldly preoccupations.
7 J3 O: @6 z! D% ^! u4 Y. y透过红灯绿酒,映出人们的一脸倦容。为了五花八门的目标,熙熙攘攘的大街上,人潮汹7 j5 }4 q7 X. Q7 E+ @4 _% R
涌的股市上,推杯换盏的酒桌上,尔虞我诈的生意场上……到处都是寻求的身影。世人对
& t7 R4 M" |+ D/ i% D* u金钱和妙欲享受的追逐,已到了难以控制的程度。
' J% M7 P7 y, H( ~The glaring lights of the high life expose everyone’s weary looks. Chasing after their desires, the  p1 ]) t/ u( D8 {  o
seekers rove everywhere—the hustling and bustling streets, the stock exchange floor, parties
5 s5 }: D: j3 d# z6 wwith wining and dining, cutthroat business dealings, etc. People’s pursuit of money and pleasure8 ^3 x) U( R# ?' K5 C
has been so fervent that it is almost out of control.& d. f2 h: z( I, `$ e! ^- f
骑自行车的向往摩托车,有摩托车的渴望汽车,然后是沙漠王子、奔驰……;住一室一厅
) I$ r+ F( o7 a4 }的想换五室二厅,住五室二厅的又野心勃勃地为别墅而奔波,拥有别墅的,更梦想着:春; `% I, y, L% X1 u- W
天,推开窗户就能欣赏东京街头千树万树樱花开的盛景;夏天,足不出户就能享受阿尔卑( D, t+ y/ u& {: m/ k
斯山的习习凉风;秋天,在自家的花园里,便能观赏日内瓦湖的清凉月影;冬天,走出房1 P/ y0 O$ f0 C# N9 a9 R) ?/ {
门便能踩在夏威夷海滩细软的金沙上面……;对金钱的贪婪也到了无以复加的地步,有一. b' ?8 e9 X3 K5 q( D# r) ]
万想十万,然后是一亿,反正是多多益善……3 h3 P, ^. c8 q' V: \7 a
A person who owns a bicycle dreams of a motorcycle, while one who owns a motorcycle desires5 k; @& r8 l$ t/ y
an automobile. Then the car has to be upgraded to a Land Cruiser, a Benz… A one-bedroom, one-" w( Y/ K7 g9 n( }2 X% ]) l$ z
living room apartment has to be replaced by a five-bedroom, two-living room condo. Having
1 M' ~8 o2 \, z/ B2 x9 Tlived in the five-bedroom, two-living- room place, one gets busy to add a villa. In addition to the. D+ }% R( D  [* D, d. R
villa, one keeps on dreaming: In spring, I shall open my window to the spectacular cherry
5 T( Q- a/ y  x& N0 s# J1 f; {blossoms in Tokyo; in summer, I could enjoy the cool breezes from the Alps right at my doorstep;& X- R9 P5 J9 t% W
in autumn, I shall marvel at the moon’s reflection in Lake Zurich leisurely in my own backyard; in
% @' K6 r- K0 uwinter, I easily walk out from my patio onto a Hawaiian beach of fine sand…. The greed for
+ h. l: H: K$ ]- P2 H# rmoney, likewise, is just at its extreme—owning $10,000 makes one want to have $100,000, and
+ G6 P" m& E2 t) A% t* Wthen to $100,000,000 and so on. Anyway, “the more, the better” can never be wrong.
& U: I& U- R7 Z* z6 k7 ~* o& c追求的方向令人眼花缭乱,追求的对境也是令人难以企及。然而,却从未有人考虑过贪欲
1 X2 a1 Y' Z7 l1 v$ M$ q3 k的副作用,不知道这一切完全是作茧自缚。要知道,欲望的沟壑永远也无法填平。只能令
6 Z5 q1 g: t% y自己为之所囿。忙忙碌碌,徒增烦恼。然而,不论如何苦心经营,风光一世,到头来也不; g) ?% s- M- }+ g+ `
过“一抔净土掩风流”而已。6 P1 F, W: X) M* c! ?' W6 e
The courses of pursuit make one dazed while the goals get harder for one to reach. Yet, few have0 I" _3 U% Y; {6 M% r; p3 l6 X- Q
thought through the untoward effects of craving; people don’t see that they are becoming
" K8 {1 _, `! U6 s3 h9 @ensnared in a web of their own spinning. It should be understood that the pit of desire could
; w0 r$ u9 L7 hnever be filled to the top; it only buries oneself. Endless toil and drudgery only pile up
6 @. B/ M6 f+ m) W& Y: kdefilement. No matter how painstakingly one has schemed or how glorious one’s life has been, in
- s4 X! ^6 H  v5 G; tthe end there is nothing left but a pile of earth over ashes of splendor.3 x% p8 G8 Q& {' H! f6 h3 @. V
《圣经》中也记载,亚当因为有了欲望而不得不离开伊甸园,以辛勤劳作维持生计。夏娃
  s# j8 P2 d" n3 y2 v5 ~# s不得不付出生孩子的痛苦代价。可见痛苦是人们咎由自取的结果,没有欲望也就没有痛苦
" B3 o. H! p* N& W7 |) @5 `/ M+ O, }$ d4 H0 c
The Bible tells the story of how Adam was forced to leave the Garden of Eden after he became4 G  a. q8 k! T2 n5 S. B1 x! @
desirous. He then had to make a living with hard labor. Eve had to pay the price by going through* G" X& b3 u  z: X
the pain of childbirth. Hence suffering is no one’s fault but one’s own. If there were no desire,
4 p5 v" T5 g! z; S- w7 B9 ^1 qthere would be no suffering.
" j6 v9 t; H( ~, s5 D, @4 A心宽何须室大,智渊何求财多?千百年来,为了追逐享受,人们付出了沉重的代价,实在3 N  D- y3 B# J
应该记取这一惨痛教训。
, |, R9 D8 x9 d& CWho needs a big house when one’s mind is spacious? Who needs a lot of money when one is rich
* F+ s' g  W! N3 a* ]in wisdom? Since time immemorial, humans have paid dearly for chasing after pleasure. Isn’t it  U( y* T5 q, ]! Z0 v1 r8 D
about time that we take lessons from bitter experiences?2 ]- R) B( w! t
无垢光尊者在600多年前就知道人们的这一病患,留下了《大圆满心性休息》,希望精疲力
% l( m6 D! |- I3 }3 R竭的人们能依此而得以休憩。前辈大德凝聚着智悲精华的教言,如何不被我们白白浪费,$ W3 Z( w5 R0 l- T
的确是值得深思的问题。
( ?/ x9 X' I! d: i8 j7 T+ [Longchen Rabjam, a sage living 600 years ago, clearly saw this affliction of humans. He left us
4 a' Q3 @& f) Y- M8 H/ r' v; `% Y  A0 ]Finding Comfort and Ease in the Nature of Mind; hoping that our weary and exhausted souls
6 F0 D6 K; x4 h/ a6 ~could find some respite therein. A teaching like this condenses all the wisdom and compassion of: R2 l6 N: p0 C
sublime masters. We need to think carefully about how not to squander this precious treasure.( V4 s, j5 m( s& Z' C  d$ R
壬午年三月初一  ; Q7 H' J  g' u/ R* h
2002年4月13日  
) y& c2 L" \9 s5 f2 P+ A: w——书于一落英缤纷之樱花树下. f. a- Q3 M: I7 S( w+ o
1st of March, Year of RenWu
8 r: `" D8 h' u$ ^* bApril 13, 2002
# r, w$ \$ X4 }6 PUnder a cherry tree with falling flower petals flying around.7 E2 l7 |7 }9 W
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-19 18:35