积分
威望
75 点
金钱
0 £
注册时间
2019-6-1
发表于 2019-8-25 08:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/USW-Inside-the-Secretive-Media-Outlet-That-Became-One-of-Trumps-Biggest-Supporters-556261201.html
% a( i- P" i( n" R1 I
3 V1 g" r1 O' O2 i) N+ t

+ V; t( h" p1 I' {2 X9 ZBy the numbers, there is no bigger advocate of President Donald Trump on Facebook than The Epoch Times. The small New York-based nonprofit news outlet has spent more than $1.5 million on about 11,000 pro-Trump advertisements in the last six months, according to data from Facebook’s advertising archive — more than any organization outside of the Trump campaign itself, and more than most Democratic presidential candidates have spent on their own campaigns, NBC News reported.; O3 h2 k# p! E/ o# K% v" ~9 F) G
; g- m; r8 h+ A- I' ^" X5 u" b
Those video ads — in which unidentified spokespeople thumb through a newspaper to praise Trump, peddle conspiracy theories about the “Deep State,” and criticize “fake news” media — strike a familiar tone in the online conservative news ecosystem. The Epoch Times looks like many of the conservative outlets that have gained followings in recent years. But it isn’t.
! k9 q& D# p1 H9 Z% s' T  }
! }0 A% }* d, H6 nBehind the scenes, the media outlet’s ownership and operation is closely tied to Falun Gong, a Chinese spiritual community with the stated goal of taking down China’s government. It's also linked to Shen Yun a dance troupe known for its ubiquitous advertising and unsettling performances.
4 U, ]" f* J; N+ h2 g4 ^4 I- R# ?/ Y, k$ S  t1 w& Y. I
Former practitioners of Falun Gong told NBC News that believers think the world is hears of Falun Gong told NBC News that believers think the world is headed toward a judgment day, where those labeled “communists” will be sent to a kind of hell, and those sympathetic to the spiritual community will be spared. Trump is viewed as a key ally in the anti-communist fight, former Epoch Times employees said.
2 \. {9 M6 P! M7 F) i% @

% ]/ O  k) u4 A1 ^
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-5 08:39